Monday, September 8, 2008

Sploshy Steps

Kristen over at Exemplify posted her monthly Monday Manna meme today. I couldn't resist this one, because it is part of the melody of my lifesong.

“The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly,
along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus.”
1 Timothy 1:14, NIV

I love the way the Message puts it too...
"Grace mixed with faith and love poured over me and into me. And all because of Jesus."

The word that stands out to me is 'poured.' Picture being out on a walk, and all of a sudden, it starts to sprinkle. Random wet dots appear on your head and your clothing. But if it begins to pour, you're drenched all the way through your shoes...every sploshy step leaves the marks of your saturated state.

When I picture the grace of the Lord that way, it humbles me. I'm drenched with it. It has completely poured down and covered my stink. And because of who He is, each step I take leaves marks of His grace. Just as if I were to soak someone else with a big hug after coming out of the rainstorm, so I will drench others with Him as I touch their lives with love. With each trial and struggle I walk through stemming from the faith He's given me, so the faith of others can be strengthened.

He desires us to live this saturated life, and we can do so as we fill up on Him.
John 10:10b
"I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."


Lord, I can't thank You enough for pouring out your grace, faith and love. Please keep me soaked in it as I walk through this life. Help me not to trust in anything or anyone other than You to provide rich, abundant life. Be my everything, Lord, and may everyone I touch experience more of You as a result. In Jesus' name, Amen.


In the Key of HE,

6 friends shared a comment:

Kristen Schiffman said...

What an awesome picture you've painted for me today. I can imagine standing under the downpour of a refreshing rain and tasting His Grace.

This was a great word-visual!

Debra Kaye said...

Laura Lee,

I, too, long to be soaked in His faith, grace, and love. This was beautiful! Thank you!

Unknown said...

Beautiful word picture...I love to dance in the downpour of His amazing love!

God Chaser said...

I came to feast at the well but I am glad this was alos here a very nice post. May I daily be soaked.

Patty Wysong said...

What an image!! I love it! Wohoo, Lord, pour on me!!

Betsy Markman said...

Thank you for sloshing some of that good stuff over onto me today! I wish I could stay and read all day, but you've reminded me that I need to get to my housework. That can be a kind of sloshing, can't it?

Hugs to you!