Wednesday, February 4, 2009

He Has Overcome!

It's Word-Filled Wednesday!!! I'm so thankful that, when the ick of life comes, I have Christ in me. "Greater is HE that is in me than he that is in the world." (1st John 4:4b) Thank You, Lord Jesus, for Your indescribable gift!

Photobucket


The Message translation of this verse and the ones preceding it is fabulous:

John 16:31-33 (The Message)
Jesus answered them, "Do you finally believe? In fact, you're about to make a run for it—saving your own skins and abandoning me. But I'm not abandoned. The Father is with me. I've told you all this so that trusting me, you will be unshakable and assured, deeply at peace. In this godless world you will continue to experience difficulties. But take heart! I've conquered the world."


For more Word-Filled Wednesday and for visual inspiration from Scripture, hike on over to:






In the Key of HE,

32 friends shared a comment:

Chris said...

wow! :)

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

I LOVE that picture my friend. What a visual illustration!
I hope you are feeling better. Drink the garlic tea. It's not as bad as it sounds.
Hugs.
Kim

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Oh how perfect! It brings a smile to my face to be reminded of the awesome power of our Lord!

Tammy said...

Oh that is an awesome picture and great verse - praise God He has overcome the world and given us the victory...

Joan said...

Such a blessing to know who is in me and who has overcome this world. Thanks for yet again another wonderful WFW. Blessings

Yvonne Blake said...

Why should we fear? He is greater than all! thanks for this!

Anonymous said...

amen!!!

Beth in NC said...

That is an awesome picture and verse!!!

Happy WFW!
Beth

Laurie Ann said...

LauraLee, this is awesome! I love all the things surrounding the verse that Christ has overcome for us. What a great picture and verse! Happy WFW!

Susan said...

Oh this is just INCREDIBLE!!!!

I'm going to remember and even save this if you don't mind?

Praise God we have ALL we NEED in HIM, and more!!!!

Have a blessed WFW♥

Debra Kaye said...

Laura Lee,

Love the scriptue and illustration. Sounds like you haven't been feeling well...sorry, to hear, my friend. Feel better soon :)

Hugs to you (only if you don't drink the garlic tea..lol)

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Thankful for the One who has overcome!

peace~elaine

Joyfull said...

Amen! May we always remember that He IS! There is nothing He cannot do and there is nothing above Him. What a blessing and faith lift for today!

Sheila said...

oh laura lee.... i looked at that picture with that verse and each of those "troubles" that surrounded it... I AM that picture right now, and i'm so glad for His rescuing promise that i can trust in!

thank you!
sheila

Joanne Sher said...

WOW - this is FABULOUS dear. So amazingly encouraging.

Michele Williams said...

I love it! Amen my friend! Perfect!

Sit-N-Chat said...

I love God's Word so creatively told. He has gifted you.

God has overcome. How thankful we are.

I don't see lots of Texans as I blog. Maybe I've just missed them But I'm glad to see you. I have a son in Dallas and he used to work in Plano.

Have a great day.

Jennifer

Darlene Schacht said...

Congratulations on being CWO's blog of the month. I'm a little late getting the post up. :)

lori said...

AMEN....it's so easy to SEE all the "bad" swirling around us...WOWZER on this one! It would make a fab magnet for the fridge!

love ya!
prayin!
lori

HennHouse said...

What a GREAT image!

Happy WFW!

Peggy said...

WOW! Oh LauraLee..this encompasses ALL! I am so blessed that greater is He that is in me (ALL THIS JUNK)
than he that is in the world! Indeed this is His indescribable GIFT in Jesus! My music is playing and "Will you love Jesus more" just came on and that is my prayer for us...nothing less than for us to LOVE JESUS MORE! Thank you for your encouragement & inspiration!

ellen b. said...

Hi Laura Lee. That is just fabulous! Blessings...

Toia said...

I think the only response I have to your post as of now is......AMEN!!!! and HALLELUJAH!!!

When I read your post, this scripture came to mind, "Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us." (Romans 8:37)

Great post!!! Thanks for sharing. Happy WFW!!

Rebecca said...

I love word pictures. And this one is the best! Thanks for the visual.

Denise said...

This is so lovely, the picture is awesome my friend. I love you.

Susannah said...

Hey, thanks for sharing the version from The Message... very illuminating.

It's so amazing to think that WE are the Temple of the Holy Spirit... that Christ dwells WITHIN us. We can't get much closer to Him than that. :~D

Corner Gardener Sue said...

I love your creativity here! That is a wonderful message, too. Praise God!

(My word verification is "sureful". :o))

Mokihana said...

That's one of the most wonderful WFW's I've ever seen! You did a fabulous job on it, and it sure does speak to my heart. Thank you so much!

Patty Wysong said...

Wow! That really covers it, doesn't it?!!!
Many hugs and prayers!

Anonymous said...

I so love this. I needed this reminder this week.

Do you mind if I print it out?

Blessings!

Amydeanne said...

a great visual! you are so talented Laura! thanks for using it for God!

LisaShaw said...

Great message and I absolutely love the image you used.