Friday, September 25, 2009

Trivial Pursuit

T he game of life is a trivial pursuit without Jesus at the center of it.
H e will lead you through each twister and turn, His
E xample as your guide. Yes, the

G ame of life is a scrabbled maze without Jesus as your solitairy gaze. It is
A s you focus on Him that your path becomes straight and your
M ind finally unboggles from the aggravation and struggles.
E veryone should know that the game

O f life is a risky operation without Jesus Christ as his
F irm foundation. Otherwise, he’s no clue what trouble he’s gotten himself into.

L isten…the game of life is a sorry one
I ndeed without Jesus in the lead.
F orget your own strategy, it will leave you feeling
E mpty. That would be a tragedy.

So let's give up the trivial pursuit.

********************************************************************************************************************************************
”You're blessed when you stay on course, walking steadily on the road revealed by God.
You're blessed when you follow His directions, doing your best to find Him.
That's right—you don't go off on your own;
you walk straight along the road He set.

How can a young person live a clean life?
By carefully reading the map of Your Word.
I'm single-minded in pursuit of You;
don't let me miss the road signs You've posted.
I've banked Your promises in the vault of my heart
so I won't sin myself bankrupt.
Be blessed, God;
train me in Your ways of wise living.”
Psalm 119, 1-3 & 9-12, The MSG


7 friends shared a comment:

Joanne Sher said...

Sooo clever - and a message I definitely need.

Denise said...

Very awesome my friend, love you.

Yvonne Blake said...

giggle...this was one of your WC entries, right? I love the play on words!

Julie Gillies said...

Hi LauraLee,

What a clever little ditty! Did you write this? Love it!

And your scripture is perfect. Sometimes the Message just really captures it, doesn't it?

Blessings to you, my friend!

Laury said...

Very good job - must be from the game topic, huh? Love it and such a good message and so very relevant for today.

Debra Kaye said...

I loved this Lalee! And I love you and how you walk us to the cross so effectively!

Big hugs!

Peggy said...

Blessings Laura Lee, I read this when you wrote it but could not comment!
You are so creative and clever! This definitely points us to Our Savior!
So many games but TRUTH triumphs! (I wonder if I would have caught the game titles if you did not have them in bold)! Great message & so powerful! No more Trivial Pursuit for me.

ohhh...if you get a chance, I've written another vignette of my testimony. Because my life is full of testimonies, I guess that's why it's so hard to pinpoint A TESTIMONY...step by step! I hope that you can come read this one.
Another part of my heart! But God is so good & He is in control.

((hugs))
Peggy