Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Blind Service

Happy Word-filled Wednesday!

The Lord brought a thought to my heart and mind recently:

Why do I sometimes serve Him without first acknowledging Him?

Then the Holy Spirit brought up a Word hid in my heart (Hosea 6:6):
"For I desire mercy, not sacrifice,
and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings."


The Message says it this way:
"I'm after love that lasts, not more religion.
I want you to know God, not go to more prayer meetings."


Why do I sometimes serve Him without wholly acknowledging Him?

I have no idea.

How many times does He come to me, and I miss Him entirely?

Praise the Lord for convicting me of this, and praise Him even more for His mercy when I've failed.

He is good! He is God!!!



Father God, You are holy and perfect and the one thing that's fully right in my life. Help me to see You, to thirst for You, to worship You with no duplicity of heart or mind. Forgive me for sometimes serving You or writing about You or counseling others in You without first spending time with You myself. When You appear, Lord, I want to know You and recognize Your voice. I pray You would make my heart long for that more than it longs to serve. I know in doing so, I can serve You in the way You have planned for me. In Jesus' name, Amen.


For more Word-Filled Wednesday and for visual inspiration from Scripture, hike on over to:






And if you have time tomorrow, I'd love for you to hear something close to my heart. I'll be over at the Internet Cafe to share. It was so important to me, I changed my original devo which was going to be on overspending at Christmas. God must have a special purpose for it...

In the Key of HE,

21 friends shared a comment:

Denise said...

This is so precious, I join you my friend in the beautiful prayer.

Tracy said...

Beautiful, LauraLee! I've missed visiting you! Crazy times. Blessings, my friend!

Patty Wysong said...

Oh!
You spoke for both of us, sweetie.
Huggles.

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

I'm so glad you're my friend. I just want you to know that!!
I'll make time tomorrow, for whatever the Lord has put on your heart will surely be an inspiration for all who read.
Hugs my friend.

Joan said...

Great post. I love what you do with the graphics. Thanks for sharimg.

Christmas Blessings

lambofHisflock said...

You have the most gorgeous WFWs, and this is no exception. This week's brought warmth and joy to my heart. Thank you.

Debra Kaye said...

Joining in the chorus...Amen
And I can't wait to hear what the Lord has led you to tomorrow, sweet one.

Blessings to you today!

Susan Storm Smith said...

WOW, great thought provoking message.

Miri said...

How beautiful. Thank you for posting this. Merry Christmas!

Laurie Ann said...

I will definitely be thinking on this....beautiful, LauraLee! Thanks for sharing. Happy WFW!!

lori said...

wowzer....
You know as one who has walked that way...I've come to understand it in so many ways...."I'm after love that lasts, not more religion.
I want you to know God, not go to more prayer meetings."

It's perfect and what a beautiful reflection of the heart you have. I am pursuing the LOVE that LASTS...for I know that is what THE FATHER wants from this humble servant....

I have to say it again....wowzer!
Hugs!
lori

Joanne Sher said...

Amen! Absolutely. Been there done that. LOVE the visual image!

Peggy said...

Ohhh LauraLee...how beautiful to ACKNOWLEDGE the LORD...Immanuel!!!
Your colors & verse accentuate the very essence of His being! The MESSAGE certainly knows how to
makes its point & minister God's Truth in a powerful way! I LOVE YOUR HEARTFELT PRAYER & JOIN YOU!
Looking forward to reading more!
Bless you for blessing us with such
a thought provoking & inspirational
MESSAGE!!! Thank you for your pure honest words!

Anonymous said...

What neat imagery of winter rains. I know exactly what you mean. Sometimes I think we catch a glimpse of Him and what it will be like to see Him face to face, but many times we miss it by being distracted by the world or our own cares.

Amydeanne said...

Laura! this WFW is i think one of my favorites! thanks for touching me with your post.

God Chaser said...

You got me with this one- I am your close sister in this one. Thanks for sharing this I needed it.
thanks for stopping by and sharing encourgement. Here is the link to the snow.http://www.bloggerbuster.com/2008/12/simple-snow-effect-widget-for-blogger.html

Donetta said...

:)

Anonymous said...

So Beautiful.

Thank you for sharing this today.

Blessings.

michelle said...

I love this! I do the same thing! Thanks!

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

This is so absolutely true...acknowledging our God and having him reveal himself to us. Just yesterday, I was out running and the sky was overcast. I always have this conversation with God when the weather gets grumpy and the sun refuses to shine.

I play my ipod loud and full with praise music. I sing along, sometimes with hands lifted in praise to him as I run. Nothing contrived, just awesome moments of worship between my God and me. And then I wait for him to show himself through the clouds. He never fails to break the grey with some illuminating bursts of his sunshine. I'm not kidding.

And then I laugh and thank him and tell him it was my pleasure and privilege to acknowledge him.

Looking up, friend. Always giving him the nod and the welcome he so incredibly deserves.

Love u~elaine

Anonymous said...

Hello LauraLee! I'm late for WFW but wanted to stop by and wish you and yours a Christmas filled with the Joy of the Lord!