Sunday, December 14, 2008

Remembering Bob

Today, our family remembers Bob, my father-in-law. What a wonderful man to remember, one that taught my husband so many good things, and one that loved to laugh and be sensible at the same time. I learned so much from him and enjoyed analytical and logical conversations about all kinds of things.

One year ago today, December 14th, 2007, Bob passed away after a fight with terminal brain cancer.


"Bob, I truly miss you. I miss the kids saying your name and spending time with you, I miss our conversations about marketing and commercials, about faith things, about life in general. I was blessed to call you father-in-law. I can't wait to see you again in Heaven."






In the Key of HE,

7 friends shared a comment:

Denise said...

God bless your dear family, as you remember your precious loved one.

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Remembering alongside you, Bob, and others who have gone before and who await our arrival on the shores of heaven. May your memories be sweet and tender and full of the gentle grace of heaven.

Have a wonderful week.

peace~elaine

Anonymous said...

What a precious tribute. I'm thinking about you and your family -- asking the Lord to steady your hearts as you remember.

Debra Kaye said...

LauraLee,

May the Lord wrap you in the warmest embrace this evening. What a beautful tribute to your sweet father in law.

Hugs to you, my friend.

Betsy Markman said...

How wonderful that God gave you such a special Father-in-law, and that you know you'll see him again someday. May God provide comfort and joy as you remember him.

Laurie Ann said...

Beautiful tribute to your FIL. Praying for your family, LauraLee. It's hard losing beloved family members - you know you'll be reunited with them in Heaven but it you sure do miss them on earth...*Hugs*

LisaShaw said...

This made me cry tears of joy for you and your family will see your dear Bob again in Glory and I will see my brother and Grandparents again in Glory. It's always good to remember and to carry all who have gone before us, within our hearts and on our lips.

God bless your precious family.