Sunday, December 7, 2008

Taking Time to Hear His Tune


My heart is in need of some tuning by the Master Musician. I'm tired, I'm overwhelmed, my priorities are out of whack. I prayed, and the Lord laid on my heart to take a blog break. Could be a few days, could be a week...dunno.

So faithful readers, I'll be back, and hopefully more in tune with Him when I do. Those blogs I faithfully read, I'll be taking a break there too, with the rare exception of a few as the Lord gives me a few moments here and there. Please feel free to check in by emailing me, or PLEASE let me know if an urgent prayer request arises. I'll be praying a bunch, so I'd love to add you to the list if you feel led to contact me.

If you are prompted to pray for me, here's a handful of requests: 

1. My house has been under renovation, and it's a mess. TONS of cleaning up to do, and that's before I can even set up my Christmas tree or anything. 
2. My big sister is coming for a visit this Wednesday thru Sunday, and I at least want to have the dust cleared enough to enjoy her company. Pray for good memories and for her to feel comfortable in our home. 
3. I'm under the weather with a cold/cough thing. 
4. My kids' homework and projects are piled high, not to mention the laundry. Pray that I would have supernatural joy and pleasure in my home duties. 
5. For rest and restoration for my numb and tired and scattered soul.

On a side note, I will be announcing the winner of my giveaway sometime this week, and will contact them too...just gotta figure out when to do it!  :D
Father God, I praise You for Your sovereignty and Your goodness. I exalt Your holy name. Thank You for leading me and guiding me in Your way, and for helping me to obey. I truly long to please You with this decision to take a break from numerous things--things that are in the way of my hearing Your voice as clearly as I need to right now. Things that slide into first and second place when they have no business being there.  For my brothers and sisters in Christ, Lord, I pray that You would lead and guide them to stillness in You in whatever way You see fit. Lead us and guide us to the deeper life, Lord. One that can only be found in You. As you call upon us to keep Your name in Christmas, help us first to keep You at the center of our hearts and minds each moment of every day. May it begin today, dear Father. And may it begin with me. For Your name's sake, In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.



In the Key of HE,

20 friends shared a comment:

Anonymous said...

Will be praying for you friend. Taking a break is welcome this time of year!

(Just so you know from now until the 23rd of December I'm giving away books at my blog! Come play when you get back...or before then. ; )

Dee Yoder said...

Oh, the month of too much to do is upon us, Laura! And you have an even heavier load to carry right now, too. Nothing wrong with taking a break--very good idea, in fact! (I took one from my Muncy blog, too.) The Lord knows us--inside and out--He knows when to tell us, "Sit here for a while...listen to my still small voice..." Praying for you and will pray every day for strength for you to get it all done...of if you don't, for no one, including you, to notice! Love you...sending many hugs. ( :

Denise said...

I love you my sweet friend, and truly understand your need for a blog break. I will be keeping your prayer needs in my prayers. Please take care.

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

I hear you girl! When the Lord says rest you better rest. I love you sister and will be praying for those requests of yours.
Hugs to you!

Joanne Sher said...

Good for you, sweetie. I'm praying for ya. Good for you for listening to the Lord. You are such an example. Hugs!

Patty Wysong said...

Joining the others in praying for you, sweetie. Taking a break is a very wise thing to do right now, truly. Love you!

Laury said...

Praying for you, Sweetie. Am so proud of you for staying in tune with God and listening to His whisperings. Love you so much and praying.

Angel said...

Even Jesus had to withdraw and take a break from the demands of His companions, followers, and ministry. I never could understand how you were juggling so much to begin with. Our Christmas gift to you is to say, "take a break...not just to catch-up, but to also have some FUN!!!" Love and prayers, Angel

Betsy Markman said...

Father, please pour out Your peace and joy on Your daughter Lauralee. Help her to feel Your presence in a special way, and to be able to spread Your peace to others. In Jesus' Name, AMEN!

Sunny Shell said...

Well my beautifully blessed sister,

You know I'll be a prayin' for ya! And if you need anything, let me know!

Wanna hear how cool our God is? Not like you don't already know, but I was already praying for you (esp. about your remodeling) BEFORE I stopped by for a visit! Is our God so awesome or what?

Love you my wonderful sister!
Sunny

Laurie Ann said...

Definitely praying for all these requests. Recharge and refuel. Bless you, Laura Lee. When you get back, there's something waiting for you here:

http://magnoliaheartbeats.blogspot.com/2008/12/awards-day-my-friend-jennifer-from.html

Joyfulsister said...

Aloha Lauralee,
It's been awhile since I came to visit, I was going through my blog links and was blessed to see I still had yours. What a beautiful renovation of your blog it's beautiful. And already your posts have touched my heart being a singer and writer of songs I love wht I ahve read so far. I guess you and I have not been feeling well I see with the colds and coughs *smile* I will be keeping you in prayer as I read your list, say a lil one for my health as well.
Hugz Lorie

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

I hear you! Support you and tell you to tend to your weary in this time. In addition, please get a good multi-vitamin, Vitamin C, and some lots of rest when you can. I know the burden your are carrying. I carry it to, and it is about to do me under. Thankfully, no construction going on over here...just a lotta buzz with 4 kids (one just returning from college with a ton of stuff); one playing varsity basketball, and 2 just dying to unwrap their treasures under the tree!

Praying for us all. Praying for, well, you know...

peace~elaine

lori said...

Oh honey...you are doing what you need to do...and THAT is wonderful..you have your priorities in line:) We'll be here when you get back..

Listen, enjoy the time...praying for FABULOUS memories..and peace...
In the season of hustle and bustle, seeking HIS tune sounds like a fabulous idea....

Loved that girl by the way...

Hugs!

Sit A Spell said...

It's my first visit here...I will be praying for you. I too, am feeling tired and a bit over whelmed with so much that needs my attention. I am in MI where the economy is awful and has been for 3 yrs...there could be a loss of work...I know all is in HIS hands and I pray to stay in HIS will. "Come to me all who are weary and heavy laden and I will give you rest"...let's rest in HIM.

Blessed Among Women said...

I'll be remembering you. Even though you are away I still am awarding you with an award. I feel you deserve it.

Terri Tiffany said...

Take a much needed break! We will be here when you return but enjoy the holidays!

Debra Kaye said...

Yes, sweet sis, "Be still and know that He is God". I'll be praying for you.

Hugs to you!

LisaShaw said...

We all need to pull away some times from whatever the Lord leads us to do because when our soul is weary it is then we are truly missing time (quality and quantity time) with our Abba Father and our Lord Jesus Christ so REST my sister in His presence.

I lift up every matter you stated for prayer and I stand with your others sisters in Christ in prayer for you. We're excited about the day you return to blogging refreshed and renewed.

Love you my sister.

Lori Laws said...

I know...we all need a break to get fine tuned to our Lord. I will pray for you Lauraleee:)
Blessings to you my friend!