Wednesday, March 11, 2009

God's Way=Soul Rest

Happy Word-Filled Wednesday!!!!

When I live life God's way
my heart rests.

When I live life my way
my heart burns out.

When I submit to Holy-Spirit, fruit-filled living, 
my soul is content.

When I allow me-first, flesh-filled living
my soul is fitful.

Today...I choose the road that leads to 
restful, contented living...


*This is our dog Abby...(toy manchester terrier)...
she loves to rest on my soft lap blanket.


For more Truth-filled Scripture pictures, hike on over to:


20 friends shared a comment:

Denise said...

Amen, so true.

Anonymous said...

Precious picture of your pup!

This is so true. Amen, sister!

Peter Stone said...

Love it, straight to the point, and so true. That's the road I choose too - God's rest inside, even when outside is a storm.

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Well said my friend and I so like dobermans. Oh and btw you'd be proud of me today. I wrote a more serious post and it didn't contain one LOL!
LOL.
Love you sister.

Joanne Sher said...

LOVE it - wonderful scripture, and the perfect pic to go along with it. Happy WFW

Special K said...

profound...so timely...thanks for the reminder to do things HIS way!! Its always the best...

Beth in NC said...

That is a sweet picture with that scripture!

Happy WFW!
Beth

Susan said...

Oh a word in season!!

I needed this today.

Blessings to you this WFW Laura♥

Joan said...

Love it!
Blessings

God Chaser said...

Very nice- love your thoughs.
Blessings this WFW

Anonymous said...

Excellent insights. Abby's so cute. Thanks for this Laura. Sunny

Laurie Ann said...

LauraLee, truer words were never spoken. Loved the post, picture of Abby and the verse you shared! Happy WFW, my friend!

Anonymous said...

That is so precious!

Janet Benlien Reeves said...

I love this verse! It's definitely one to memorize.

Sai Hijara - Ferraris said...

I couldn't agree more...truly a nice gift you shared with us.

Happy WFW!

~♥~ Mariposa's Tales ~♥~

Amydeanne said...

great post!

and happy anniversary!

Sit A Spell said...

I've enjoyed my first visit here.

lori said...

Hey you!!
It's been a CRAZY BUSY week...I came here to pause!:)
love that puppy pic and the verse is perfect!!resting content...while the world SWIRLS around me...
THAT is just awesome...

You have room on that road, I'll join you on it!!

Hugs!
lori

Susannah said...

Your dog is precious!

And what a timely word. I'm printing this out to ponder...

Happy WFW!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what thoughts :)

I smiled when I saw your photo...I am always thinking of a way to include my puppy or kitty in my WFW :) No luck yet but one day... Your pup is adorable!

Blessings.