Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Time-out

It's Word-Filled Wednesday!!!


I have a noisy life at present. Lots of voices. Tons of influences. All of this is physically, emotionally and spiritually-seeking. Sometimes it's so difficult to remember to put on my earphones--the ones that hear His one and only tune. 

But when the world seems smaller, the tv seems louder and the walls seem closer together than ever before, a timeout with my Papa is what I need the most. When I do this, He restores my soul, guides me to Godly decisions, and shines through me, for His' name's sake.

For His Name's sake, I choose to listen to His voice amidst the hubbub and have-to-dos-and-bes today.

Help me, Father, I pray...in each relationship and with every choice I make. May I trust YOU fully, Lord. You are the One who raised Your Son from the dead. And You are the only One who can restore my soul. Thank You, Lord, that all I have to do is rest in Your power, working like a mighty wind through me. For Your Name and in Jesus' Name I pray, Amen.

For more Truth-filled Scripture pictures, hike on over to:


28 friends shared a comment:

Denise said...

Amen, beautiful my friend.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful thoughts :)

Love the graphic and the verse...I too live in a noisy life but I need to remember to take time and be quiet :)

Blessings

Mokihana said...

Beautifully done. A wonderful WFW!

LAURIE said...

love it and love your new look to your page! -blessings, Laurie

Michele Williams said...

So beautiful! Thank you.... I love your blog!

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

The truth spoken in love! You are so good at that my friend.
Love you sista!
Kim

GodsOwn/Bernice said...

The graphic and meditation so spoke to my heart. I can only say AMEN to it.

Blessed WFW.
Bernice

Angela said...

Help me, Father, I pray...in each relationship and with every choice I make. May I trust YOU fully, Lord. You are the One who raised Your Son from the dead. And You are the only One who can restore my soul. Thank You, Lord, that all I have to do is rest in Your power, working like a mighty wind through me. For Your Name and in Jesus' Name I pray, Amen.

amen amen amen..I made this my prayer too..thank you so much for sharing...

Joan said...

I need to spend some time with God's earphones, too.
Blessings
Happy WFW!

Susan said...

Oh what a GREAT word today!!

It's so easy to get distracted and not to hear what the Lord longs for us hear.

He's always speaking, and I don't want to miss Him.

Great reminder!!

Blessings to you this WFW♥

Mary Moss said...

Great reminder to shut out the noise of life and turn to the only sound we need to hear!

Chris said...

nice picture you got here! thanks for sharing :D

Tracy said...

Amen! Great reminder for all of us, Laura!

Blessings,
Tracy

Joanne Sher said...

Ooooh yes. Wonderful reminder. Love the picture and the verse. Wonderful!

Pam D said...

I needed that reminder today; thanks so much! Sometimes, those earphones get lost in the chaos; I think I need a better hook on which to hang them! Blessings....

Sunny Shell said...

Beautiful! Love you and still praying with the chocolate and ice cream ready to go! :-)

Btw, love you new blog look and name! ♥

Laurie Ann said...

Simply beautiful, LauraLee, and very powerful truths shared here. I've learned alot about being still these last few days and it's brought me such sweet rest. Happy WFW!

lori said...

Put the earphones on....I LOVE that! It IS a noisy world, huh??? Listening is tougher for some of us than others...I SPEAK from experience...I really do need those big black 80's style earphone to REMIND me to tune the rest out...

LOVIN this one!!
peace!
lori

Janet Benlien Reeves said...

I like the earphones-that-hear-only-our-Father's-voice concept. I'll have to remember that next time I'm overdoing life. Thank you, Laura!

Katie said...

Thank you for reminding me to put on my earphones.

Terri Tiffany said...

I need those headphones today! I get so busy worrying sometimes, I forget to listen! Love your new blog,

Corner Gardener Sue said...

Thanks for the wonderfully illustrated verse. We all need to be nudged from time to time to tune it to God.

Sandy @ The Scoop on Balance said...

I was just out visiting new blogs and came upon yours. Very inspiring.

Thanks for the encouragement tonight.

Blessings,
Sandy

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS on being featured on CWO ~ I can see why!

Smiles,

Debra :)

Simply Debbie said...

THAT WAS A WORD IN DUE SEASON....
SO MANY PEOPLE ARE RUNNING DOWN THE STREET WITH HEADPHONES ON...WALKING HERE...BUZZING THERE BUT EVERYBODY IS LISTENING TO THE WORLD AND NOT THE MAN WHO CREATED THE WORLD.
BLESSINGS
debbie

Anonymous said...

This post was just right for me. It's been easy to get my walking in lately because the quiet time has been so restorative.

Runner Mom said...

This was perfect! Thank you!

Hugs,
Susan

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Hovering close to listen in...

peace~elainee