Monday, April 13, 2009

Stina Rose Shares Her Story

It's day number TEN out of eleven salvation testimonies to be shared on Selah the days leading up to and just after Easter. I can't think of a better way to celebrate His resurrection than hearing God-stories of souls raised from death to life. So pause. Ponder what He has done. Then praise Him!!!!

I love the salvation testimony that Stina Rose published, because it gives the perspective of how she came to know Christ as a young child. It is such a precious testimony and made my heart melt picturing her little face and body racing to her daddy. I hope that it blesses and enriches your faith as well. Praise the Lord!

My Salvation Testimony
by Stina Rose

You’re jealous. The words came unbidden as I looked at my brother lying in his crib. Why would I be jealous of a little baby? He was too small to eat candy, ride a bicycle or go to school. What was there to be jealous of? No matter how hard I tried to ignore that little voice, I knew it was right. I was jealous, just like Joseph’s brothers in the Bible. For my whole life, I had been the center of attention, but now everyone wanted to see the new baby. They had all forgotten about the older sister. Yes, I was jealous. I knew that jealousy was a sin and sinners went to hell.

I was going to hell!

Terror seized my heart. I took off down the stairs as fast as my five-year-old legs could carry me. My dad was napping in the worn green chair across from the stairs. I ran to him and flew into his lap. He jumped as my boney knees made contact with his unsuspecting stomach.

“Daddy,” I cried before he could yell at me for my rude awakening, “I’m going to hell! I need to get saved.”

Dad’s eyes got wide at my straightforward announcement. He picked up my little green Gideon New Testament and shared with me the simple plan of salvation. On my father’s knee, with his thick moustache tickling my ear, I repented of my sins and received God’s gift of salvation.

Though it was over twenty years ago, that day is forever burned into my memory. The road from there to here has been a great adventure of growth and learning to trust the Lord in every situation of life. Am I perfect? Far from it! But, with God’s grace, I am perfectible.

Christina "Stina Rose" Banks spends her days herding dust bunnies, checking facebook, day dreaming, reading blogs, playing SuDuko, practicing trumpet and running errands. Every once in a while, she even gets some words down on paper. As an aspiring writer, Christina dreams of seeing her work in print. Always looking for ways to use her God-given talents, she is most content when she is busy working with children in the church. Happily married for the last 394 days, Christina makes her home in the beautiful little town of Deep River, Ontario. You can find more of Stina's writings at her blog, The Scroll Bag.



9 friends shared a comment:

Denise said...

Thanks for sharing such an awesome testimony Christina.

Joanne Sher said...

What a powerful, cool testimony, Stina :)LOVE it.

Terri Tiffany said...

Great job Christina! I loved how you knew what you needed to do. You father sounds like such a blessing!

Tea with Tiffany said...

Stopped in for a quick visit. Need to come back and stay longer. Love the idea of you sharing testimonies here. There is power in our stories of HIS grace..

lori said...

Girlfriend....these have been WONDERFUL....you know I've missed a few...I'm going back to read them! What a blessing it was on Easter week to have these here to be inspired by!!

Hope you had a Happy Easter!!
AND now we know how to say Greg-uar AND so much more!!;)

hugs,
lori

Laurie Ann said...

I love this testimony! Oh, that childlike faith!

Dee Yoder said...

So sweet! I can just imagine how I would feel if my own child ran to me like that!

Patty Wysong said...

What a wise father to reach for the little NT and not scold for jumping on him like that! = ) It's amazing the things God uses to show us our need for Him!

Di Smith said...

Beautiful simple story of a child's faith. Thanks for sharing!