Monday, June 30, 2008

Yoo-Hoo! Calling all weaklings on the journey...

A couple of years ago, I began a journey through the Bible. I did so with the help of my church's online web ministry. It gave me a structured, convenient and efficient way for me to read a passage of Scripture, hear an application or testimony regarding it from a person each day, and then answer the tough questions for myself.

This year, I am privileged enough to be an author of one of the devotions, and it is featured today. If you consider yourself a weakling or are a big fan of Gideon, you might want to click:

http://view.exacttarget.com/?j=fe6515727364067a7110&m=fef21775716c0d&ls=fded1576726d017973157977&l=fe9615707161007a71&s=fe25167072660375741279&ju=fe2f157070660478721c74

Even more so, consider joining the journey to add some structure to your Bible reading routine. The devos are written by people at all walks of life and all different spiritual levels of maturity. So come on in and join if you dare. The Journey will start from your email inbox each day and continue with some questions to keep you going for quite some time.

4 friends shared a comment:

Joanne Sher said...

Wonderful devotional, Laura - and I love your "personality" throughout it - and the whole idea and structure of it. Thanks for pointing us this way!

Dee Yoder said...

Wonderful devotional, Laura! Loved it. I have struggled with feeling insecure in many ways over the years in my Christian walk, so I can relate and I love how the Lord reminds me to put my trust and faith in HIS power to accomplish His goals for my life. The questions at the end are very good!)

Patty Wysong said...

LaLee, this clobbered me. I almost fell off my chair when I saw it was about Gideon. God's been using him in my life (and it's on my to write list!!!) and this is the 3rd or 4th time he's been 'before' me in the past month. I think God is trying to get through to me.

...I'm off to lick my 'sores' and chew on Gideon some more. I'm a weakling, quaking in my shoes. Can you hear my knees knocking? Thank you.
...I think. LoL
Hugs!!

Azure said...

God really guided you when you wrote that devotional! I can relate to everything you said, I was raised in a dysfunctional abusive home and deal with feelings of not being good enough and feeling insecure.
Isaiah 43:18-19 is one of my favorite verses, I've been reading it pretty much everyday right now because it is hard for me to see that I am now a new creature in Christ and am not just a product of abuse and will forever be messed up.
God bless you! -Azure