Thursday, June 5, 2008

Uninspired

This morning, I talked to God--just like I do every morning.


For the third morning in a row, I asked Him for inspiration for my devotional writing, as I've been in a bit of a dry spell. It's not that I can't write, or don't have anything to write about--I just don't feel particularly inspired. 

This is nothing new. These times come and go periodically, but I'm learning to embrace it more than I used to. Before, I questioned God. Before, I doubted my gift and my calling. Before, I got discouraged. Now, I wait patiently. Now, I remember Whose gift and calling it is to give and take away. Now, I cherish the extra time for Him to teach me.

I will wait on Him. Because His way is best. To "pick up my pen" and minister to others without His permission is reckless and irresponsible. I love Him so much. He has been so good to me. And He's never run out of patience for this stubborn daughter. Yes, I will wait on Him.

Psalm 38:15
I will wait for You, O LORD;
You will answer, O Lord my God.

1 friends shared a comment:

Judy said...

Little One,
"Uninspired", a word I can relate to since I lost my Dear Chris, However, I to have learned to pray and wait, as God will answer in his time. He is the
Awesome God, and if we wait in Faith, he
will always come to us! Thanks for your
thoughtful words as always! Auntie J