Sunday, August 10, 2008

Casting My Cares...

When worry comes even though I've resisted it,
When my stomach aches with concern for someone I love even after I've turned his situation over to the Lord,
When I repeat the same prayer over and over as someone who longs to overcome her unbelief,
All I know to do is pray some more.

Today is one of those days, but I will choose to trust in Him.
Over and over, He has proven Himself worthy of my belief.
Time and again, He has sustained me--and those I love as well.

I will choose to trust in my Lord.

Psalm 55:22-23a (New International Version)

"Cast your cares on the LORD
and He will sustain you;
He will never let the righteous fall.

But you, O God, will bring down the wicked
into the pit of corruption;
bloodthirsty and deceitful men
will not live out half their days.
But as for me, I trust in you
."


Amen.

6 friends shared a comment:

Stacy said...

Just a note to let you know, your blog is a true inspiration to me. I read every post and am never dissapointed. There are a lot of days that I print it out and post it by my desk at work to help me get through the day as I have a very stressful job. And sometimes there are ones like this one that speak straight to my heart and my current struggles. Today you helped a total stranger, our Lord is surely so proud of you. God bless you and continue to speak to you. Thank you for sharing your incredible gifts.
I will be praying for you.

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Amen sister. Pray without ceasing. Even if it seems it's the same prayer over and over again. He is faithful. I hope you had a great weekend.
Blessings to you my friend.
Kim

Tracy said...

Beautiful, Miss LaraLee! As always, your words are an encouragement. Thank you for sharing. Blessings!

Josh said...

Couldn't have said it better! Excellent encouragement to put into our hearts today (and everyday).

Yvonne Blake said...

"choosing to trust" I'm learning this too. I call it "consciously trusting"...making an effort to let go and not worry. Hopefully, it will get easier the more we do it.

Joanne Sher said...

AMEN - praying, dear sweet lady. Often it's all we can do, and often it is truly the MOST we can do :)