Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A Tune Set Free

The LORD your God is with you. He is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you. He will quiet you with his love,
He will rejoice over you with singing.
Zephaniah 3:17 (NIV)

***************************************

To the one without a friend who feels all alone,
The LORD your God is with you.

To the one with many friends who never lets them close,
Know this--The LORD your God is with you.


If you’re stuck in a rut and can’t find anyone to trust,
HE is mighty--mighty to save.

If you’re unable to flee when temptation knocks again,
Stop--HE is mighty--mighty to save.


Do you ever feel unlovable, like others turn when you walk their way?
He will take great delight in you.

Do you ever feel useless, like no one needs you for much at all?
Remember—He will take great delight in you.


When your heart is screaming out and you’re angry at the world,
He will quiet you with His love.

When your voice is all but gone from crying out “Why, Lord?”
shhhhhhh…He will quiet you with his love.


Praise Him, even through the tears. He will rejoice over you.
If the tune is held hostage to the pain, you’ll find Him singing over you instead.


***************************************

Deuteronomy 31:8 (NIV)

The LORD Himself goes before you and will be with you;
He will never leave you nor forsake you.
Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.



Worshipful song...reminding us that HE is "Mighty to Save" by Hillsong

In the Key of HE,

14 friends shared a comment:

Anonymous said...

First of all... I love your signature "in the key of He" ~ how clever!

"Mighty to Save" is one of my latest favorites. It seems I have it on my mind all the time.

Thank you for picking apart this Scripture and making it applicable to all who desire His love.

Kathy C. said...

Thank you for that, it was refreshing to my day! :) I love the version by Laura Story and hadn't heard Hillsong's version before - it of course is beautiful as well. Have a blessed day!

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Beautiful my friend. I love the song Mighty to Save by Hillsong. It's one of my favs. You truly are gifted in inspiring and encouraging people.
Bless you my friend.

Debra Kaye said...

You can not read this and not feel loved!

Laury said...

Thank you for sharing, Laura. This post really spoke to me today.

Rebecca said...

This song lifted my hopes this morning by reminding me of Who God Is:
My Savior
He can move the mountains
My God is Mighty to save
He is Mighty to save
Forever

Impossible though it seems, HE is able. I wrote the verse on a notecard and placed it in the middle of my kitchen where I will see it all day. It will be my "call to worship" today. :)

Josh said...

"In the key of He"...Awesome!

"Do you ever feel unlovable, like others turn when you walk their way?
He will take great delight in you.

Do you ever feel useless, like no one needs you for much at all?
Remember—He will take great delight in you."

Those lyrics really speak to me. So many times have I felt like I was useless and that my contributions to this world didn't amount to anything. It's so good to know that HE (the only one whose thoughts of me really matters) is taking delight in what I am doing for Him.

Gigi said...

Our God IS mighty to save!!! Your blog blessed me today - thank you! I've bookmarked it so I can visit often...

Patty Wysong said...

This was like being wrapped in a quilt of God's love and comfort.
Thank you!

midspoint said...

Awesome, Laura...these are the things we often take for granted. May we always know within our heart of hearts that He is always there for us!!

Singing is a part of God's heart as well... just do a word study and see how important it is to Him!!
hugs,
mid

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

This is such a beautiful song

Dee Yoder said...

Beautiful, Laura! What a lovely reminder to me of God's love and delight in ME, His child...thanks for posting this heart-warming message today!

Laurie Ann said...

What a beautiful song for today, and a beautiful post. Very moving, Laura Lee. And thank you for the sweet comment on today's IOW post.

elaine healy said...

LauraLee...u silly ole bear! I luv u!