Friday, August 15, 2008

Hospitality Personality

***Posted for Patty Wysong's Fiction Fridays meme. For more great fiction or to post your own fiction piece, click here:


Hospitality Personality

The host who has the most:

What will they think of my house this time ‘round?
My floors look so fab, and my drapes should astound.
If they don’t really like it, then they just have no taste.
Who am I kidding? They will have it showcased!


The host who likes to boast:

They’re so blessed to come to my house for some learning,
For I will teach them what they’ve always been yearning.
The plaques and degrees on my wall say it all.
Thank goodness for them I have answered His call.


The host who can toast and roast:

What dish can I make that is sure to impress?
My cheese toast is good, but my roast is the best.
They’ll come and they’ll feast ‘til their bellies are bursting.
No one will leave here with hungering or thirsting.


The host who serves as a guidepost:

Oh, God, here I am with the space you’ve provided,
Through You let my words and my actions be guided.
I pray each will leave with a heart that’s renewed,
Guided into deeper fellowship with You.

1 Peter 4:9, NIV
“Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling."


What kind of host or hostess are you? Since we're talking fiction here...eh hem, cough...can you think of any other kind of host to add to my poem?

7 friends shared a comment:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

That was great. I would like to think I'm the latter of them all lol. I always like things to be pretty casual unless the occasion calls for something a bit more fancy. Just pot luckin it and playing games is fun for me.
Great "fictional" post!
Blessings my friend.
Kim

LauraLee Shaw said...

I'd like to think I'm the latter of them all too, Kim, but unfortunately, sometimes I'm a bit of a spaz when people are coming over. I have a difficult time relaxing when I'm the hostess.

Sara Harricharan said...

Love the different personalities! I can relate to this in the different layers and still the same truth. Wonderful writing!

Patty Wysong said...

LoL--You mean people don't go to your house for your roast?!!? *giggles* And they certainly do NOT come to mine for the fab decorating and cleaning job!!! *blush*

Love it, LaLee!

Dee Yoder said...

Wonderful, Laura-I'm the hostess who has to keep saying, "They won't even see the dust" to myself over and over. ( : Many blessings to you today-not going to be reading much other than FW entries!

Bonnie W said...

Laura Lee, how about a host who likes to coast? You know the one who leaves everything till the last minute and them spaz's out????? Oh no - not moi...LOL! What a fun piece.

Catrina Bradley said...

Great poem! Here's my contribution...
I am...

The Host of Compost

Wen my friends come around they see the real deal
They’re used to the mess and the lived in homey feel
Lucky for me once you walk through my door
I consider you friends and you are guests no more.
;)