Monday, November 24, 2008

Allison Faith's Special Ministry

I slept in the other morning, which I hardly ever do, and I came down the stairs to find my daughter in my chair having MY quiet time. Well, it was her quiet time, but it blessed me to see her catching this vision of her mama.

I'm posting this merely to capture it as a photo in my mind forever. I hope it encourages you who are reading in some way.

She and I sat down last evening to put the frame around it and share her favorite memorized verse. It convicted me and reminded me how important this verse is in the Christian life. He has saved me, and I have HIS Spirit living through me each and every day. Will I be faithful to this gift today? Tomorrow? Each moment?

Sleepin' in shouldn't even be in my VOCAB! :D Thank you, Allison Faith, for reminding me why I get up before you each morning! You ministered to me!

On a side note: Allison picked the colors, the fonts, the design, the frame, everything. That makes it that much more special to her mama! :D

In the Key of HE,

14 friends shared a comment:

Denise said...

That is so precious, blessings to you both.

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Is that most precious? I want my daughter to see me doing the same! Yes, you are right and wise to frame it. Reminders. Remembrances. Thus far, the Lord has brought us!

Enjoy your week. So thankful for your heart and life.

peace~elaine

Jennifer said...

A beautiful image and a beautiful memory to cherish forever.

God bless you!

Joanne Sher said...

So beautiful. Absolutely. It is wonderful to see your daughter's heart for God, isn't it?

Laurie Ann said...

How precious it must have been for you to see her having quiet time! Awesome! She picked out some great colors for the design, too!

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Oh how wonderful. If you had to sleep it what a wonderful thing to wake up too!
Hug her for me!

Joanne@ Blessed... said...

That is just adorable. Is there anything more precious to a mommy than to see her children walking in her footsteps? No doubt God feels the same way about you when you sit in that chair too.

Thanks for your sweet comment on my Faith Lifts post today.

Happy Thanksgiving

Terri Tiffany said...

Love those special moments!

Amydeanne said...

You're doing a great job mama! how excellent it is to hear that your daughter is following the right path!

Anonymous said...

The colours (of your blog) are beautiful, and if it is your daughter who has picked the colours out she is truly gifted.

INVITATION

Invited hereby to my site
please be. You see I poems write
and knight like fight and youth alight.
This poem says it. Godly, right?

I want more readers. I want you
to come as if out from the blue
and tell me what I write is true
and make my motivation new.

Why you? This is not spam, God’s dear.
I stand by what I do. I care.
Your senseless love to me I fear.
I mean it. I am good. Take care.

Visit: Poems of A.W.E.

Sita said...

Now this is what legacy is all about..and yes, like the other commenter, a mother's dream come true...blessings on you...

Betsy Markman said...

Oh how precious! I'm so glad you have a photo of that priceless moment, and it was very generous of you to share it with us. May God grant you many more such moments of joy as you watch your children walking with Him.

LAURIE said...

Oh that is just beautiful! But babes don't learn that on their own ... she has watched and learned from someone who is setting a good example. Keep up the good work! -Laurie

Patty Wysong said...

How wonderful! What a super thing to wake up to! Hugs to both you and Ally!!