Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Consolation/Word-Filled Wednesday

Photobucket


When our hearts are downcast, when restless thoughts run deep, when our stomachs are unsettled, we must remember where our joy is found, where our hope is renewed. HE, the Lord God Almighty, is in control. We find Him by spending time with HIm. We see Him by putting our focus ON His character instead of our emotions. May He console you with His joy today...

For more Word-Filled Wednesday, go here for beauty mixed with Truth:








In the Key of HE,

18 friends shared a comment:

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Oh that is such a good one to remember when times are good. We who are faithful know that the Lord will always be with us.

lori said...

WELCOME first timer!!! It looks great! AND what a powerful message...It really helps me to sometimes "visualize" the verse...then it's somehow more REAL to me...that's just me I guess, a visual learner:) HA...

I'm so happy you joined in today! What a perfect verse for a day like today....HE is always with us...

Peace!
lori

Anonymous said...

Thanks for these great words of encouragement! Blessings...

Joanne Sher said...

Amen. Just beautiful. He gladly consoles us.

Sunny Shell said...

Ooooooh! I just love this! AMAZING Scripture-Picture and INCREDIBLE message! Keep our eyes fixed on Jesus....reminds me of an old song..."My hope is found in nothing less, than Jesus' blood and righteousness, I dare not trust the sweetest frame, but wholly lean on Jesus' Name...on Christ the solid Rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand....."

I love you!
Sunny

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Beautiful picture and a great reminder. Thanks for sharing!

Carrie said...

Thanks for this importnt reminder to rely on our Lord in facing life's challenges.

Denise said...

Amen, Amen.

Alexis said...

Such a fitting post for today... thank you for sharing! It looks like a picture of somewhere I've been in Canada... beautiful!
Happy WFW

Anonymous said...

I love it, love it, love it. I fight with anxiety a lot as I am a worrier by nature. I'll have to memorize this verse! Thanks!

Debra Kaye said...

LauraLee,

Beautiful truth and such a great comfort! Blessings to you today!

Melanie said...

What a wonderfully comforting verse!

Happy WFW!

Laurie Ann said...

Balm to my soul, LauraLee, in more ways than one. I'm having a rough day, not only with the outcome of the election, but with the flare up of two chronic illnesses at once. I chose to come to work today due to some things that required my attention, but tonight I will be spending time with the Lord, despite feeling bad. He renews me and blesses me by His strength! Happy WFW to you!

Kristen said...

So perfect for what I am feeling today. Praise Him for being the One in control!

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful. Lovely thoughts for today. Thank you for sharing this.

:o)

Blessings.

Lori Laws said...

There is absolutely nothing compared to the consolation God gives. One minute we're floating in thoughts of chaos, depression, anger...etc. But just one thought about the Lord, and somehow He restores us. Bless you!

Alex said...

A beautiful photo & verse! I hope you have a blessed day!

Leaon Mary said...

That is beautiful! It IS a perfect verse for today.
Our Immanuel;... God with Us.
Love your blog name... LauraLee's LIFESONG...
Lea