Wednesday, November 26, 2008

They Will Have No Doubt...

It's Word-Filled Wednesday!

I couldn't think of a better time than around the holidays to consider how our love toward one another affects others. At the table, over the game, in the stores, on the road, during the parties, they will know we are Christians by our love...



Dear Lord, You are perfect love, and You are my example for living love. During these next weeks, I know You will give me one opportunity after another to be love to someone who needs it. I pray for surrender to Your fruit of the Holy Spirit to do this through me. I know I will struggle sometimes. It's so much easier for me to love the lovely, the pleasant and the familiar over the unlovable, the unlovely and the unfamiliar. With Your help, I know I can. Thank You, Lord, for giving me everything I need for life, for love and for Godliness. In Your name I pray, Amen.


>For more beauty mixed with Truth or to join in on this WFW meme, go here:






In the Key of HE,

18 friends shared a comment:

Denise said...

Amen, I love this, and I love you my friend.

Tammy said...

This is a great picture and the verse is a timely reminder to share the love of the Lord with others. Have a joyful Thanksgiving!

Amydeanne said...

what an inspirational graphic!

Sheila said...

I love that graphic!!! Did you put that together?! It's BEAUTIFUL!! And I was just meditating on that very thing this morning. I said, "Lord, how do I know if I'm abiding in you?" And His answer, "If you love Me you'll obey my commands... and this is My command, that you love one another as I have loved you."

Then I throw my hands in the air and say, "Love through me Love of God or I can't!"

Have a wonderful thanksgiving!
Sheila

Patricia said...

This is a wonderful picture! It would make a great graphic for a t-shirt.

Happy Thanksgiving!

LauraLee Shaw said...

In answer to the questions about the graphic, I bought the main pic at Dreamstime, then added the frame and text, clip art at Picnick.com. Soooooooo much fun. Loving this WFW. Sets my left-brained self to worshipping!

Patty Wysong said...

Love. it's all through that picture and verse. Super Duper.

Laurie Ann said...

Oh, this was great, LauraLee - I love it. You are so creative. May I never pass up an opportunity to show love to others...

Joanne Sher said...

Beautiful, so creative, and excellent for this time. You are GOOD girl!!

He & Me + 3 said...

I love that verse and that picture is very neat. Did you take the picture yourself and create the design? I hope I show the love of Christ daily.

Susan said...

Oh wow, this was soooooooooooo good. Do you make your own graphics?

You are very talented indeed.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family Laura Lee!!

Sai Hijara - Ferraris said...

Amen.

Very inspiring...and thanks for spreading love!

Peggy said...

Blessings LauraLee...A PERFECT SONG for all of us to reflect not only this season but every day! It is so important! Your prayer and words fill me with thanks and I'm thankful for the beauty you share.

From my blog to yours as I shared:"Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful." Colossians 3:15

"Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe..." Hebrews 12:28

Enjoy WFW as well as a bountiful day of giving thanks! God is so good! Though I do not have an official Thanksgiving Day here in Mexico, I still will honor & give praise & thanks for ALL & friends like you! God bless & give you His bountiful favor!

Anonymous said...

That is such a challenge that outsiders should notice that we are Christians by the way we love one another.
Thanks for your work.

Anonymous said...

I love your prayer. It is exactly how I feel. Thank you for sharing. Happy Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

Great reminder this holiday season to show our love to others. Happy Thanksgiving!

God Chaser said...

what a great picture and a wonderful prayer, thanks so much for sharing. Have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving.

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Beautiful WFW. Perfect for this time of year, perfect picture/graphic. Lovely prayer. Happy Thanksgiving.