Thursday, November 6, 2008

Not For The Complacent

Wowzer--okay, this morning is a time I've set aside for study and reflection. Only a few lines into my bookmarked page of Fellowship of the Burning Heart by A.W. Tozer, these words left me speechless as I read them. They'll have me thinking and praying all day. How about you?

Tozer says,
"The merits of Jesus are enough, my brethren, they are enough. We're going to Heaven on the merits of Another, there's no question about that. We'll get in because another One went out. We live because another One died. We'll be with God because another One was rejected from the Presence of God in the horror and terror of Calvary. We'll have the vision beatific because One hung with darkness around Him in hours of agony. We go to Heaven on the merits of Another. So, your faith rests down upon the character of God and the merits of the Son of God. We don't have to have a penny, only our poor, miserable souls."

I am so thankful for this deep, rich love given to this poor, miserable child of His. Thank You, Jesus. Amen.

In the Key of HE,

9 friends shared a comment:

Betsy Markman said...

May God enable my heart to truly grasp the depth of this truth!

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

I am completely with you on that my friend.
Hugs.

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

A post I needed and have been surfing for all morning. Bless you heart for bringing Tozer's words to print...if for no one else, for me alone.

peace~elaine

Sunny Shell said...

Oh, amen and amen precious sister!

All we need, is to bring our poor, wretched and abandoned souls to the only One who can make us what we could never be on our own....the children of the Most High God.

THANK YOU JESUS for taking our trash and giving us Your Treasure....your very life!

I love you sweet sister!
Sunny

Joanne Sher said...

Oh wow--gotta get my hands on some Tozer. Such a true and profound thought that I WILL keep in my heart for the rest of today.

Blessed Among Women said...

Amen!! :) My mind cannot fathom that.

Lori Laws said...

Amazing love...how can it be...that you my King would die for me?

Jenny said...

That gave me goosebumps!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this post, what a fantastic reminder that Jesus is enough! For all of us, and just for me alone. We don't have a penny and this certainly helps to think about.
-awtozerlibrary.wordpress.com